Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Lawyers remove pub owner’s furniture to settle son’s debt

View Original Article
THE owner of a well-liked Beacon Bay pub is demanding to know why a law firm attached her furniture – ultimately leading to her to near shop – instead of sorting out affairs with her son.

Russian-born Tatjana Borzilov , who owned the now-defunct Tatjanka’s Pub and Grill in Beacon Bay, claims that the lawyers took her furnishings in error.

The incident happened in January this 12 months.

Now she wants the attorneys to reimburse her for the costs of the furniture that was removed – because she would have no place to set the products if they gave them back now how the premises have been leased to an additional tenant.

Borzilov yesterday told Crusaders that she was shocked to understand how the sheriff with the court received an instruction to confiscate the furniture from East London-based Yazbek Attorneys after her son Darius Jakovchuk experienced a dispute with his creditors.

Even though Jakovchuk occasionally assisted at the pub, Borzilov insisted that he had no claim within the ownership of the pub.

“I do not have anything to do with my son’s dealings. He is 31, and is a grown man who can appear after himself.

“This was my business and he’s got absolutely nothing there. This was a mistake.”

She mentioned she had approached Yazbek’s without having any success and that she didn’t want to involve attorneys simply because it would be costly to pay for them.

“I want money for my leather couches – which price R15000. Including other items (used), like chairs, tables and a pool table, that will be more than R20000 (in total).”

Borzilov also owns another pub and bottle store in Abbotsford.

She mentioned the closure of the Beacon Bay pub impacted her business.

“This was a place for young people. I utilized to create a monthly profit of about R35000. I started it four years ago and I invested R47000 on renovations. I painted it, constructed toilets, fixed roof leakages and upgraded it. I put in an air-conditioner last year – which cost close to R7000 – and also put in security gates. I invested a great deal of cash on this constructing.”

She mentioned she had paid R4000 a month to rent the home from her former landlord.

“When I had been having problems using the licence for that pub, I was thinking of beginning a coffee store and a take- away restaurant. But once they took the furnishings, I made the decision to close down because my son is in Cape Town and no-one is likely to assist running the pub.

“Taking my furniture was another ingredient that led towards the closure, but not the main cause. The pub was registered as a CC (near co-operation) by a previous business owner, who rented this property. I was within the process of applying for a brand new licence that could have used 3 or four months and I had been to pay for R500. But, when they took my furnishings, I thought I might too close down,” she said.

Speaking to the Crusaders, Jakovchuk admitted to having a pending court matter with an East London company, Bookwise, but was adamant that his mother had nothing to complete with it. He said Bookwise was searching more than his marketing organization books and that they wanted him to pay R6000.

“This has absolutely nothing to complete with my mother or her company. This is between me and Bookwise and we will have to sort it out,” he said.

The Crusaders have tried to get in touch with Yazbek’s for comment because Monday.

Yesterday, Louise Yazbek’s individual assistant Deborah van der Sandt confirmed how the matter among Bookwise and Jakovchuk was nevertheless pending.

She could not comment about the matter of the removal of Borzilov’s furniture. She also said that Louise Yazbek was off sick and will be the 1 greatest placed to comment on the issue.

3 comments:

  1. I am commenting to make you be aware of what a nice discovery my princess obtained going through your web site. She realized numerous pieces, not to mention what it’s like to possess a wonderful giving style to have other folks very easily gain knowledge of certain problematic topics.
    removalist northern beachs

    ReplyDelete
  2. it was a wonderful chance to visit this kind of site and I am happy to know. thank you so much for giving us a chance to have this opportunity.. Rubbish removal london

    ReplyDelete